Well, our little Dylan is 4 now. I still can't believe it, obviously, given my mistake of Saturday. Funny story for everyone but me. I was in the bakery picking up Dylan's Happy 4th Birthday cake and the guy at the counter asks me "did you need any candles?" Of course I do. So I wander over to the candles and pick up a candle, pay and then leave. When I get home Lance checks out the cake in the kitchen and peeks his head around the corner, "hey honey, you do know Dylan is four right?" I simply looked at him and said, "yes". He cocks his head to the side and says "then why did you buy a number 3 candle?" I just about died. And to make it worse, the man at the counter at the bakery knew it was Dylan's 4th birthday. Talk about embarrassing.
Despite my embarrassing story to the whole birthday crew at the restaurant, we had a marvelous time. Dylan got to wear the absolutely fabulous sombrero and got his picture taken with his ice cream. He had a wonderful time and got a whole slew of great gifts that he is just loving. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and thanks to those of you who were able to make it to the party. For those of you who missed it, we missed you and hope to see you next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment